De L’Europe, Amsterdam’s legendary hotel and member of The Leading of the World for over 25 years, has been favoured by Amsterdam’s elite and continues to attract the world’s most celebrated names. It is impossible to escape the city’s rich history while staying at this iconic 19th century treasure. Exuding an air of sophistication, De L’Europe boasts a distinctive décor, enhancing each room and suite with a replicated Dutch Masters painting, hand-picked in exclusive partnership with the nearby Rijksmuseum. Building on its illustrious history and delivering discreet yet attentive service, De L’Europe specialises in the art of exceeding expectations.
Rooms & Suites
Located in the heart of Amsterdam and directly located at the historic Amstel River, De L’Europe houses 48 rooms and 63 one-of-a-kind suites, readily befitting their signature status including the peerless 6-bedroom Penthouse Suite:
• Family room and private terrace with unique panoramas over Amsterdam
• Oversized marble bathtub and separate rain shower
• Private kitchen
• Walk-in closet
• Bose surround-sound system
• 24-hour Butler service
Restaurant & Bars
De L’Europe is a hub of haute cuisine, boasting a selection of the city’s finest restaurants all located at the Amstel River:
• Bord’Eau Restaurant Gastronomique, the hotel’s two-starred Michelin restaurant and inspired by the French cuisine, showcasing core flavours of every ingredient by using the best products and composes true, pure and natural tastes. With over 850 wine labels Bord’Eau is honoured by Wine Spectator 2017 for having one of the most outstanding wine lists in the world.
• Hoofdstad Brasserie is known for serving its European classics with an international twist. Awarded with a BIB Gourmand for the best price-value, Hoofdstad Brasserie offers a friendly and casual approach to an all-day dining brasserie of De L’Europe. The creative and talented team introduces a mouth-watering menu constantly surprising Amsterdam.
• From April through October, Hoofdstad Brasserie is serving its seasonal menu featuring beautiful seductive dishes at one of the largest terraces in Amsterdam: Hèt Terras. With 180 seats, Hèt Terras is one of the biggest hotspots in the city centre located right on the banks of the Amstel River. While watching boats go by, our team makes sure to surprise you over and over again with its menu, innovative concepts and special events.
• Freddy’s bar, named after its famous patron, Alfred ‘Freddy’ Heineken, is a landmark Amsterdam Dutch brown bar frequented by Amsterdam’s glitterati. Kick back and relax to the smooth sounds of a live pianist while watching our experienced bartenders shaking the best cocktails in town. Freddy’s Bar is renowned for the city’s best Bloody Mary and is frequently nominated by reviewers as Amsterdam’s finest hotel bar. Unique tip: Freddy’s Bar is the only place that serves Heineken Light outside the USA.
• With a selection of the world’s most finest cigars, De L’Europe’s fumoir offers an escape to a genteel era of smoking rooms and gentlemen’s clubs.
• Promenade recreates the sense of a private art gallery, serving the city’s most comprehensive list of old and new-world wines by the glass, exquisite cocktails, authentic Afternoon Tea and a light menu of gourmet snacks from its avant-garde cocktail bar.
• Head Sommelier Dannis Apeldoorn oversees each of the 850 labels and 8000 bottles lovingly housed in the hotel’s private wine cellar, Les Caves De L’Europe. His dynamic wine programme invites guests to enjoy tastings, tours and interactive seminars by appointment.
Recharge & Relax
Le Spa by Skins Institute invites you to experience a tranquil haven designed to lavishly pamper, indulge and nourish your mind, body and spirit. This sanctuary of seclusion offers luxurious body treatment and sublime skincare, combining organic ingredients with the nurturing care of our expert therapists:
• Fitness studio equipped with ‘Techno Gym’ cardiovascular and resistance equipment
• In-door pool featuring a jet stream and Jacuzzi
• Spa Boutique offers a wide variety of bespoke beauty treatments
• Beauty Salon for hair and make-up
• Infrared sauna
• Traditional Finish sauna
• Turkish steambath
• A variety of manicures and pedicures options are offered
Highlights & Unique facilities
In addition to a convenient location, elegantly appointed accommodation, world-class dining options and outstanding meeting facilities, De L’Europe guests enjoy the following:
• De L’Europe features two different styles of décor: the classical timeless Rondeel building and the all-suite contemporary creative Dutch Masters Wing, home to 23 immaculate suites and a private entrance.
• Heated Arabesco-Carrara marble bathrooms, separate bath and shower. The bathrooms of De L’Europe has been awarded as Best Bathroom in Europe by the Prix Villegiature Awards 2016.
• Les Clef’s d’Or Concierges
• Private canal cruise daily for in-house guests only
• Lots of interconnecting/adjoining rooms can be confirmed at time of booking
• Handicapped rooms/accessibility on property
• Pre-arranged attraction tickets
• A unique floating dining Michelin starred dining experience ‘Bord’Eau sur l’Eau for intimate groups
• Butler service for packing and unpacking
• Business Centre with secretarial assistance
• Valet parking services
• 24-hour in-room dining
• Limousine service
• Private jetty
• Personal shopping
• Amenities for children and pets
• Babysitting service
• Interactive Apple TV’s
• Complimentary high speed wireless internet throughout guest rooms and public areas
• Bose surround-sound system in bedroom and bathroom
• Flat-screen LCD TV with DVD/radio/CD/iPod docking station
• Safety deposit box with laptop outlet
• Motion detecting floor lighting
• International adaptors in every room
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2-14, 1012 CP AmsterdamLink to article Amsterdam Luxury Magazine 2020. Request additional information >